Some of the things we’d like to cover:
What is a parent, and what is parenting?
- Case studies of parents: Luqman, Abraham, Jacob
- Case studies of offspring and young people: Joseph, Jesus, Ishmail, the Companions of the cave
What does it mean to nurture? Who does it apply to?
- What is tazkiyah in this context?
- Educating and instilling manners and morality
- Protecting children (and from what).
- The importance of linguistic competency
What is cultivation (tarbiyyah)? And what is its relationship to godliness (rabbaniyyah)?
- What are we preparing young people for, and how does that shape what we do now?
Date: Saturday 1st February 2020.
Venue: Hackney CVS, 24-30 Dalston Lane, Hackney, London E8 3AZ
To confirm your place, book below: