For the first #QuranSessions seminar, join us to learn what it means to believe, what religion is, and the idea that everything God has told us has meaning and purpose.
In this session, we:
- explore Qur’anic terms such as imaan (faith), yaqeen (certainty), kufr (disbelief/rejection), nifaq (hypocrisy), deen (religion), and millah (creed),
- explore the notion of tawhid (monotheism) and what God meant,
- look at what “religion” is,
- explore the idea of rituals – are they simply actions or do they have purpose?
- think about the law – what did God intend?
- consider why God permits/forbids things,
- consider the purpose of revelation.
Date: Saturday 7th September 2019.
Venue: Hackney CVS, 24-30 Dalston Lane, Hackney, London E8 3AZ
To confirm your place, book below: